View Single Post
Old 12-21-2009, 07:30 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houndstone Hawk View Post
1946without a moments hesitation!!!

Yes Wings of Prey is very good & its clearly head & shoulders over Birds of Prey but 1946 has absolutely everything the pc WWII aviation enthusiast could ever dream of. It's had years of fine tuning & additions & Wings of Prey is a step in the right direction; a worthy 1st attempt indeed. Wings of Prey does NOT have a mission builder although I read somewhere that there are plans to include one in a future patch. There is still the track replay facility. WoP has a very crude replay in place but my video will show that there is no player drop cameras, known as static cameras in IL-2 Sturmovik, no simple flyby view (found in almost any flightsim, even Ace Combat) & certainly no multitude of views to be found, like in Sturmovik (external friendly padlock view, ground target view etc) & ofcourse Bomber aircraft are still highly, out of place, arcade beasts with no interior, no gun stations or bombadier stations; but it is pointed in the right direction. I've been very impressed with the P-51, P-47, 109, FW, 262, Komet, 110, M.C. 202, Yak-7, LaGG & Stuka Cockpits & it's highly playable. And now multiple perepherals & Track IR are recognised, I can instantly fly the P-51 once again, with no stall-outs every half second. I also don't need to mention the graphics as that was always BoP's strong point anyway.

Very pleased but, like many others here have found, it's taken about 3 or 4 purchases of this franchise to get here.

For those asking, I will post a LaGG-3 35 Cockpit video on this thread later tonight & will follow up with the Yak-7b.
One last thing on that, if you could give us some profile shots of the planes frames, that would be great too. I want to see how accurate they got them.