View Single Post
Old 02-04-2008, 03:17 PM
Approved Member

Thumbs up

Well... I must say that I totally agree with Nightprowler, both being part of the great fan community for Brigade E5 and 7.62mm. I have even started to help the team translate the game to English because I am too impatient for the English release this summer!

Now as for reasons..

We'll start with Brigade E5;
A few years ago, after finishing Jagged Alliance 2 a few times.. and playing mods and all, I was really hoping for something new, something fresh. But the video game industry had nothing like it apart from Silent storm and a few others, but they weren't as 3D as I wished, or didn't have the freeness I wanted and ESPECIALLY didn't have enough different realistic guns! I am not a great fan of RTS, but I am the greatest fan to Tactical Turn-Based Games. Brigade E5 brought all of that into 1 package! And they even topped it off with a new smart-pause system which is the most brilliant system there is! It's like a mix of real-time, but you can hit the space bar to pause the game, to give your mercenaries commands. A good example of this would be Baldur's Gate series, the pause sytem works pretty much the same way.

Being a gun nut, brigade E5 brought full of nice surprises, about 100 realistically rendered real-world weapons, like MP5's, UZI's, a whole line of HK G3's, another whole line of HK G36's, FN FAL's, HK MSG90, and those are just a few out of a 100 you would ALL want to try out, + being able to add bipods, scopes, lasers, silencers... ! So for anyone who likes realistic representation of guns, this game will beat pretty much any game out there... being a gun nut, trust me, I've tried everything else!

The game is the opposite of linear! You have three factions, the rebels, the national army and some gangster/smugglers [no, not 50 cent type gangsters... REAL drug and weapon dealers!]. You could try and work out missions for all three factions.. or you can do missions for only one faction... you do what you want... it has the freeness of GTA... but you got a whole country to visit! Do not get me wrong, this is in no way anything like GTA gameplay-wise. It is a TACTICAL game, we're you've got some choices to make, battles can be won many ways, you choose... you want to take your time and surround the enemy? You want to mow them down with a machine gunner? you want to stay in the distance and snipe them?.. or maybe like me you like a middle ground.. Something like carrying a HK G36, with a silencer attached, a laser pointer and the integrated scope... and a Grenade launcher to top it off... But this game is not a one man army game! You can easily die with one shot or two! So you gotta hire some mercenaries you can find around the country in bars. They all have different stats, some will join, some no, they all cost different prices... Go get them equipped at the nearest gun dealer shop in one of the many cities! Secretly assassinate the president's son with a Remington 700 Rifle! Work for the rebellion and attempt to bring the smugglers on your side of the war, or work for the Government and also work for smugglers... the choice really is all yours!

7.62mm brings all this back, with many new weapons... a new country, a new graphics engine with destructible environment {throw a grenade and watch the car blow up.. shoot through a wooden fence and watch it crumble to pieces...and it won't disappear, the pieces stay on the ground! ... Grass that moves when you walk in it! Day night variations as in real life.}. This sequel to Brigade E5 is even much more advanced in choices you have, there is much more freeness in the way you can accomplish missions, or you might even decide to switch sides DURING a mission, by initiating a dialog with your target and letting him entice you.. but again, YOU choose! In both game you can own different types of vehicles to store weapons you pick up to sell to weapon dealers.. and help you get places quicker. Really, Everyone here should try Brigade E5 to start, do not judge the games on the graphics that are somewhat too old.. at first it will feel a little... weird, but just keep playing, visit different towns, get different missions and you will see, you will fall in love!

Everyone here has convinced me of trying IL-2.. which I am downloading the demo right now. I had tried it when it first came out, but had such a slow pc.. I guess now that will have changed..

I am also interested in trying the game Death to spies.. being bit of a Hitman fan.

I haven't tried many 1C games as it's somewhat no much heard about here in Canada.. but I applaud your nice efforts for bringing quality games to the gaming industry! Keep up the good works guys!