View Single Post
Old 02-17-2011, 08:30 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauf View Post
Np mate, think we are all brushing up on the BOB atm lol, have dug out all my books and am re-reading again, currently on "Fighterboys" by Patrick Bishop.
Years ago I came across an old battered copy of "Helmet Wick das leben eines fliegerhelden" which was printed in 1941 after his death. Unfortunately I cant read german Maybe some german fans could recommend an OCR program i could use? All the english language one's ive tried fail except one, which unfortunatley isnt available in Australia (and they wont post here). Thought if i copy it using OCR software then purchase a quality translation software i could finally read it, maybe even find someone to publish it.

from the inside cover, "herausgegeben von der luftwaffen - illustrierten der adler" which when translated online = "published by the air forces - the eagle illustrated'

Wonder if the modern German airforce still holds the rights?

Cheers
I actualy have this book and im lucky enough to read enough German to kinda get the main points. It is a propaganda book, it is something the luftwaffe published to the general German population to show how great they were. Dont think the modern Luftwaffe want to have anything to do with it

Im told that the Danish royal libry have a version translatet to English, i will check it friday, atleast i might be able to get information about when and who so you might be able to find one your self

LTbear