View Single Post
Old 08-23-2010, 11:40 PM
Registered Member

I tend to agree... diversity is very important in a game so that the player will remain interested. I thought there was a good amount of diversity in the earlier levels when you're above ground (those were the best, I think.) The underground levels were interesting too, but that's when the gameplay became kind of repetitive, in my opinion. The German soldiers who used several different character models were replaced by the Vampire Warriors who only had one model. The barbed wire zombie, a truly gruesome and nightmarish enemy, was overused and that detracted from its impact. Same thing with the Vampire Beast, who was intimidating at first but later became mostly annoying. (And whatever happened to that other barbed wire freak who only appeared in the introductory trailer?)

That said, I really liked the overall diversity in NecroVision... it had more types of enemies, weapons, etc than most games I've played, and it kept introducing new things as the player progressed. Though I suppose it wouldn't have hurt to throw a few more types of enemies and environments into the mix.