View Single Post
Old 06-03-2010, 08:46 AM
Trucidation

Thanks, glad to help!

Ya, my main complaint about the missiles was their relative un-usefulness. I didn't really like the concept of making them just give more damage, because the player is still left with only possessing a measly amount of them.

You know what. I could just replace the standard MIRVs instead and leave the LRMs intact. After all, with these cluster missiles installed the regular MIRVs look very plain. Would this be more agreeable?

(Originally I modded LRMs because I didn't use them, but also I was attempting to teach myself whether I could change a single missile into MIRV. If I simply edited the MIRVs I wouldn't have learned as much as I did.)

Edit:
It struck me that I should stop screwing around and just make them entirely new items, and not replace anything. Haha. The only issue with this is that the AI ships will be stuck using plain missiles. And you'll really be crushing them. Until some other modder with experience with flight generation can help me figure out how to randomise AI ship items instead of forcing them to use the fixed definitions, I think I might go with 2 versions of this mod.

Last edited by Trucidation; 06-03-2010 at 09:01 AM.