View Single Post
Old 01-19-2018, 07:12 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPS69 View Post
Try a 2 on 2 just veteran flying bf110 against Pe3-bis, at low level. You will most probably be beaten 9 out of 10
A fun challenge. I ran it at 1000 meters altitude. I am not sure what the purpose of the veteran setting is but I went with it. I flew the 1941 Bf110, and it was quite a pig even with 30% fuel, I gave the Pe3s 50% fuel because during the first fight one of them ran out of fuel after I had given it 30% or 40%, maybe it did not have sealing tanks.

My wingman and I flew the mission ten times and won nine of the matches. They were not easy.

My tactic was to command my wingman to attack the oncoming Pe3s, right after the command I would fly a 360-degree circle to let the wingman get ahead of me a few kilometers, this way the pair of Pe3s would usually be occupied while I flew in and attacked. Sometimes the wingman got shot down, sometimes the wingman got a kill, but I always managed to tip the contest in our favor at the end.

With the effective tailgunner of the Pe3 you can attack them from any angle but six-o'clock, which I did, usually doing the most damage from about ninety-degrees when they were turning, or in some sort of head-on.

Sometimes a Pe3 or my wingman would fly off for home-base if they were damaged, sometimes I let them go home, sometimes I gave chase and shot them down if I felt like wasting the time to do so.

Once I was down to one engine and smoking but my wingman chased down the remaining pe3 and shot it down.

Maybe I will try it again sometime against Ace Pe3s to see if it makes any difference.

The last mission was almost a draw, my wingman flew home damaged, the last remaining pe3 flew off to it's base either from damage or lack of fuel or ammo, and I was damaged and limping back to home base when I ended the mission. I figured since we had two aircraft in the air to their one it was our point.

Edit: Oops, I just looked and I only had my side set for veteran, the PE3 pair were set to ace....

Last edited by Jumoschwanz; 01-20-2018 at 12:24 AM.