View Single Post
Old 10-26-2017, 02:11 AM
Approved Member

It does not matter if the aircraft are of the same period, but if you pit yourself in a biplane against a jet then you will end up with a draw every time because you will always be able to move out of the way of the jets fire, eventually one of you will just run out of fuel.

Ace La-7s or anything are not tough unless the odds are three-to-one against you or more, and I can usually even beat four of them fairly easily if I can get down to the ground, AI has never been able to handle flying close to terrain at all, especially if there is any sort of a hill or ridge you can get to.

The late Stuka vs. I-16 is one of the toughest ones I have found especially if you have four vs. four because although the Stuka has good firepower, it is no better than the I-16 and the I-16 is more maneuverable and faster, so you can not run. The only way to beat them is to shoot them down while they are concentrating on another Stuka.

The Ace AI is still not that good, it can never beat a good human pilot 1 vs.1, I wish it could but if they have not done it in the last 17 years they probably never will.

My squad used to fly every week on a map after it split into two teams, both sides would have Ace AI helping them out, fighters and bombers and AAA etc... My side always had to go up against a group of four Ace La-7s but I usually took care of them all by myself because I knew about where they would spawn and I tried to wait above them in a late P-47. I could zoom down on them two or three times before they got up to my altitude, then I would dive and have the remaining two or three of them chase me to the deck where I would just fly around hilly terrain and shoot them to pieces more often than not.