View Single Post
Old 05-20-2010, 08:41 AM
Approved Member

Well you ahve to think this thign over at this point.

If returning false positives is better than silent protector?

I had installed nod, avast, eset, kaspersky, avg and other things and simply every one ahd its backdoors. I have an eye on the recent NOD comercials and maybe I will try it out buit at this moment I have isntalled comodo. This dick showed a lot of activity and popped up almost every second after isntalation but that was the thign I wanted, Continual in depth control of system, I checked the first things it popped up, some i check to be trusted, few I blocked and voala, no more popups after the initial setups.

The program also has instalation routine - this means that you can set it to isntall mode when you are trying to install something and it will ignore few things which would otherwise be considered as threat, this means .exe and other executables and autotriggers, mostly .tmp bastards from comercials.

Has a number of different scan setups and system core checks, also tracks all net activity, inbound and outbout connections, which makes it easier for me to find intrusions.

Also keeps nonstop eye on root directories and registry, all changes are reported immediately and asked to either allow or block them boy i like this thing, mostly because of no more troubles with auto update hooks and comercial sites autostarters . So far the thing that finaly satisfied me.

Looks very good but maybe the bad is yet to come as it was by all pc defenders i had .