View Single Post
Old 08-27-2019, 01:11 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkeonz View Post
I am also really concerned about the fact that they keep saying it is not a strategy game. Well, I hope they do consider different types of damage as in the original, and so on. I really like how the battles look, but I fear that they might be cutting all the fun tactical elements of king's bounty. It would suck as I've been looking forward to a sequal for years. It also makes me think the replayability of the original might be gone. A good story with strong cutscenes is all good and dandy, but if it comes at the expense of good and interesting gameplay, then it is a bad thing. I've replayed crossworlds so many many times, and I had hoped king's bounty 2 would deliver the same kind of replayability. If it is just like an RPG adventur, there really is little reason to replay the game. Using different tactics, spells, playstyles ect, is what made the previous game replayable.
I agree with you. I don't really think they removed the damage types though, since in one of the screenshots below it says "air damage" and it isn't that practical for units like dragons or mages (they shoot fire here) to not deal fire damage. But one thing they got rid of seems to be attack and defense. If you look at the screenshot with lvl 1 Archers and lvl 3 Celestial Warriors you will see that there is no defense or attack stat. Instead, the defense might be replaced by "armor", a stat showing how much armor the unit has on it (for example, Death Knights at lvl 1 have 60% armor). Still, I don't know how relevant "armor" is, since not all armors have the same durability.

Last edited by Space Knight; 08-30-2019 at 10:57 AM.