View Single Post
Old 08-23-2019, 07:48 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by krc6311 View Post
Interesting video, and it answered some questions but unfortunately it seems to confirm my fear that they're getting rid of most of the fantasy elements. I'm sure most of us agree that we want crazy spells like Armageddon lighting the battle field on fire. We want a huge ice snake coming out of the ground. We want the god damn grim reaper himself being able to be summoned to wreak havoc on our enemies. I don't particularly care if something is realistic tbh, and for an RPG to try to go in that direction all it can really do is limit the creativity of those who are designing the game, because now they have a narrowing realm of possibilities. I'm only being this critical because this series is in my top 3 best of all time, and I would be devastated if it seems too repetitive. Either way, I'm definitely buying the game, no question there but I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't be pissed if I'm stuck in the same area (same scenery) fighting only increasingly larger groups of peasants, archers, and pikemen
I agree with you, but the guys from 1C said they want to implement a lot of fantasy creatures an that we will see them when they are ready, so it's guaranteed we will get at least dwarves (you can spot them in many places, as I said before), elves (they talked about them a little) and very probably orcs, since the game is also inspired from the movie Warcraft. But they also said absolutely nothing about the spells (the spellbook exists, but cannot be used in the beginning of the game, or is not properly working right now) and there is no rage anymore (or it's still not implemented). Now, the worst part seems to be the fact that the game is also made for console, so the controls and menu will be extremely simple (this is also probably one of the reasons why there are no dialog options).