View Single Post
Old 10-23-2009, 12:35 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
As always, I could mention some minor criticism against the colors of the landscapes which don't look really "British", especially on the coastal area.
Maybe some tweeking in this sector could be useful.
Perhaps less "Velvia'ish" colors (they look too much vivid) and more "Kodachrome" ones
1.- The first screen with the spitfire's cockpit looks amazing. Incredible textures and lights all around.

2.- I concur on the above quoted criticism about the landscape, as Oleg said, those colors might not be definitive, so I'd advise to make changes in the landscape colors too. The green looks TOO green (it feels like some kind of cartoon or kid's game). Making the landscape look real should be VITAL for the overall look of the sim and of course the feeling of immersion in the action and eviroment. I trust Oleg will do a great job fixing this.

3.- The airplane models are great, even thought it looks like the could receive minor improvements (maybe textures) but overall they look very very good.

4.- I love the trees now, NO MORE IL2 INVISIBLE TREES!!... if any of you used to go very low on the deck during the action... you might have crashed with those lol... for those who don't know what i'm talking about: in IL2 the tree layer can be seen perfectly from above, BUT if you get to the same level you just get to see a 1px line, and if you're not aware... boom!

5.- I'd love to know how is going to work the damage system for airplanes. Some detailed (within the boundaries of possible) explaination about it would be great considenring the possible improvements/changes that might have been done to this point.

Conclusion:

Oleg, I'm glad to see progress in BoB after such a long time, and I'm eager to keep seeing improvements and progress and hopefully.... a final release date