Thread: Random Contacts
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2010, 07:42 PM
Approved Member

Just got done doing some playtesting... the convoys are very strong, and their loot fairly reasonable. My early-game group of Ternie, my main character, and the Mastiff can barely take down a Pirate convoy, and this is with my Mastiff equipped with Kali, Smog, and Tungsten as well as a single Helios turret and a Vindicator turret (Yay for Paymaster's loot!), my fighters were first generation excaliburs equipped with third generation equipment (Stronghold, Squall, and Avenger cannon). The Pirate convoy was very difficult to deal with none the less, and required a lot of luck and quite a few retries in order to finally take down.

Killed about 3 convoys, from the first convoy I got two Pirate Yaris, a bit dissapointing considering the difficulty... from the second convoy I got a Naginata and a Cleaner, also somewhat dissapointing but at least the Cleaner was an improvement on the Excaliburs I was using. From the third convoy I got a Black Stormcrow and a Gunslinger.

Other than the ships, I got nothing really noteworthy, a lot of vendor food (containers) and a LOT of S-32 Hellstorm rockets.

Overall, the difficulty and the loot seem very balanced, with even pirate convoys (being the weakest as they lack fifth generation fighters and generally are poorly equipped) being quite a challenge.

If any of you guys want, I can post the mod.