View Single Post
Old 04-03-2011, 08:41 AM
Approved Member

Thanks for all of your help, Sneaksie. Didn't think anyone else was in here right now, as it is 4:01am on the East Coast, USA. Provincial thinking--I forget sometimes it is a different time of day in some other part of the world. You could be in Russia for all I know.

Thank you for mentioning the campaign thing to the Devs. Please take a look at my Bug Report and mention at least the obvious glitches like no MG ammo, and {Hold Fire being broken}--not broken as noted above, Cancel command doubles as Cease Fire.

I will have to try out the Soviets. The Russians I have grown very fond of since the end of antagonism between us. I've killed lots of pretend Germans as the Russians. Guess I'll have to kill some pretend Americans, though it might pain me to do so.

I am having trouble making the campaigns more challenging. The last one I tried I was US vs. Soviets. I gave the Sovs all of their available battle groups and took only three myself. I attacked the Sov tank brigade and expected a tough fight, but they didn't even have a single tank, nothing but AT guns, infantry, artillery, etc. I, of course, had every big gun available. The Sov Battle Groups, once defeated, are essentially wiped out and absorbed by their remaining Battle Groups. The only things that hurt me are mortars and those RPG-2s. Especially the mortars, they seem to have an endless supply of ammunition. One Russian mortar seems to fire an entire barrage with every shot. The whole game becomes "Survive the mortars" until they are destroyed or out of ammo, then just destroy them piece by piece until they are all gone. The AI, in the defense at least, does not behave intelligently. They sit and wait to be destroyed. At the most, they send out artillery spotters who are easily identified and neutralized once you know what's up. They don't counter attack. I never lose, and usually my casualties are very light. Maybe I need to learn how to set up the campaigns better, maybe I'm not giving them experienced troops or something.

AT guns are no longer much of a problem. I was being too rash in my attacks. I can send out one Scout/Sniper, spot the guns and weaken or destroy them with mortar fire, or snipe them with tanks. Actually I'm not even using all of my assets. I could use helicopters to scout the enemy, but that is way too easy, seems like cheating. I use them for ferrying troops and evacuating wounded.

Anyway, talk at ya later.

Last edited by Sneaksie; 04-03-2011 at 04:00 PM. Reason: Political or religious agitation and propaganda, appeal to overthrows of power