View Single Post
Old 06-02-2010, 10:56 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crni vuk View Post
Then I think Men of War might be eventualy the wrong game for you. Without the intention to sound cocky or insult you. I thought about the game in a similar way and it meant a lot of frustration, at least in the begining. Till a friend told me I should not play realistic but witht the rules of the game. And now it works a lot easier and better. Men of war is a complex RTS with WW2 as theme. Its in no way a battlefield simulation. What ever if the intention was to give units realistic values or not but fact is that its a game first and anything else later. I personaly prefer realism over a lot of other things as well. But for a RTS you cant simply make evertyhing realistic. Not if you want to have some fun as well. Otherwise you would see Kingtigers destroy anything on ALL ranges with pin point accuracy (almost), sounds not all to fun does it ? Though now you would have to give the other side either a powerfull airforce and/or artillery units, making the Tiger II eventualy very vulnerable to mechanical problems meaning that only 5 % of them would see the battlefield in the end. Not that fun either ...

Its incredible hard to make a realistic game.
I have a different view of fun then most people. I charged a T29 with 3 tank crew squads, do the math and thats 32 tank crewmen.

There is only a chance of winning if the tank commander of a super heavy is a fool and allows somebody to stick TNT under the tank.

Last edited by Korsakov829; 06-14-2010 at 11:32 PM.