View Single Post
Old 09-21-2008, 09:55 AM
Approved Member

Default Does anyone rate the Paladin?

Okay, my obsession with this demo is getting out of hand.

I've already played it through three times to get a feel for each class. Mage is awesome - some excellent spells to use. The Magic tree seems interesting and useful. Warrior is great fun too. I really like some of the better human units such as the Horseman and the Knight. The Might tree is good fun, especially as you can use lots of Rage to supplement your physical strength.

But what about the Paladin? Is he 'Jack of all trades, master of none'?

The Mind tree doesn't look very appealing to me. Scouting might be nice, but it's cheap so anyone can get it if they want. Holy Anger gives you a 5% bonus against undead at level 1, but it costs 5 Might Runes and 8 Mind Runes to upgrade to level 2, which only gives a 10% bonus. Doesn't seem worth it. Glory is definitely required as it increases leadership, but I think Mages and Warriors will need to invest in this too. And the second level of upgrades in the Mind tree don't look very interesting - they all give slight bonuses in terms of money and experience. I suppose the Paladin will have an advantage in the full game in that he can afford better gear, but I'm dubious as to whether it is worth it.

It looks like the Mage and Warrior are more fun to play than Paladin. Your thoughts?

BTW I am starting the game for a fourth time, this time on Hard as a Mage.