View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 05:48 PM
Registered Member

Default NOOB Help with Plot and BSM

Greetings.

Does BSM alter the opening plot ? Or am I doing something wrong. I know this game offers a lot of freedom, but I expected some guidance in the very beginning.

I purchased 7.62 last week from GamersGate and have installed the BSM 1.9. I have never played vanilla.

I think I installed BSM correctly and launched the game with BSM shortcut. However, the opening events / plot seem to be missing compared to the manual... For example the manual says "YOU WILL FIND YOURSELF NEAR A HOTEL IN PUERTO VIEJO" Instead, when I started a new game, I was on a narrow road with a bus in the way. I went to the world map, traveled to a nearby town, and starting talking to the locals. Eventually I met some "marauders" who gave me an item to show to the rebel leader when I meet her.

Also, when I started the game with the BSM shortcut, I don't remember seeing any intro movies other than the page about the mod / modders. Can I launch 7.62 from the regular shortcut to view the movies and NOT mess up the modded game ?

Thank you for your help.

Dig