View Single Post
Old 02-21-2015, 05:24 AM
Approved Member

Nope, no places to buy Ice Dragons at all, and only what's in Oncologon's inventory is all the Black Dragons you'll see as well. Well, See as in 'to buy'.

I haven't even bothered to try, but can you use Sacrifice to increase the Emerald and Red? I think so, but haven't tried yet in the entire series.
*So much to experiment with,lol.

With the vampire, you need all the resurrect you can get, not so much Demoness which is why Heresiarchs and Paladins are worth it for the Vampire. Your attack is going to be low(Mine was at 14 at the highest WITH using an attack weapon, 10 most times as I used intellect boosters instead) and around 20 defense tops. No problems with this until you get to Aralan and Helvedia and it's almost impossible to prevent losses. 90 Intellect and both a Fireball/Fire Rain followed by a Death Star on the same turn may wreck a lot of troops, but there's so many later in the game you'll still have a substantial amount to deal with, and a lot of ranged. Also, with damage spells being how you deal with the enemy, you can't afford to waste your two spells(hopefully by this time you've got this ability)on a resurrection or Turn Back Time, unlike with the Demoness. Nope, you have to use the Dark Paladin and Heresiarch for that and even so, you'll be using your first spell(less than 20 mana) on creation often for multiple resurrects from them.

With the Demoness, the spells are enough along with Only Demonologists for healing(And not always necessary either) due to your defense and attack and sheer numbers. You don't have to use attack spells at all, with Distortion being the best buddies of the Demoness. With the Vampire's low leadership, the Demonologists are a piss poor healer for the resurrect, but with the Demoness? More than adequate. Also, low leadership with Vampire makes the Demonologists' Demons very low. To the point they'd often get killed on the first turn they're summoned.

With the Vampire, try and base your army around the Dark Paladin and Heresiarch, which with the Demoness you don't even have to bother recruiting a single one. Archdemons are a great choice due to what all it can do plus it's ability to "shrug off" bleeding, fire etc type effects. Those are the truly dangerous things to your army, bleeding, freeze, poison and burning. Also, using the Dragon Riders as well is worth it. As to the 5th? Anything you want, including just dividing up the Riders. Other good choices for the 5th are any creature with high attack and defense that you simply keep back to pick off the occasional enemy that makes it's way through the trap zone.

With the Vampire, traps truly help. With the Demoness, they're a hindrance and you should only have level 1 on Diversions due to it. Your summoned demons will hit every single one.

I'm about to try the Orc. I won't be playing for no loss, but minimal loss instead. I'm going to see what works best with him. (I assume demons and Orcs).