View Single Post
Old 02-19-2015, 04:02 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zechnophobe View Post
% stack damage is pretty darn strong coming from spellbook or rage. It can be a big life saver on impossible against stupidly large stacks that are difficult to control.

My Army (Demoness-Hard, level 60) is Red/Green/Bone dragons, Dragon Riders and Arch Demons. I only lose a unit when I'm careless with Zlogn or similar.I've got Red dragons that cost like 760 leadership, so I've got like 60 of them (Draconix, heart of the dragon, Lord, and the Eye great artifact).

Most fights are Black Hole to draw enemy together, Fire rain + red dragon fire to nuke the heck out of things. Then maybe a target spell on a summoned dragon, or similar controlly effect.

The hardest part of no loss is easily the early game. Playing the Vampire on Impossible and it's hard to avoid losses even after map kiting a whole bunch (Got to galenrim before finishing Portland). Shamans and the volcano spell help a lot because units HATE totems and volcanos.
You can eliminate the Ziogyns by replacing the Bone dragons. Then you'll only encounter them vs enemy Undead units. However, if you go "full undead", those ziogyns are your buddies.

My current playthrough, I'm level 67 as the vampire. The spell I kited from dragandor coal cart was "Death Star" and with just a little prematch preparation with the level 1 Tactics and you can avoid all damage to your own units using it. It cannot target Dragon Riders for instance and you can put it directly across from it on the map. Also, Death Star....Wrecks Towers great.

With the Vampire, I've found traitor humans work the best, especially after Isenburg becomes dark. Dark paladins resurrection is ...awesome, except it doesn't work on level 5 units. However, Heresiarchs' Resurrection DOES. The Wizard is great until the late game as is the Dark Knights. There is not enough numbers of these creatures so the Blood Priestess comes in handy to fill them up at level ups. With the "Nightmare" designation and the Order of Twilight amulet, my army's morale was "Unshakeable".

If you want to go "full Traitor human", the 5th could be Either Mage Killer or Horseman. For a level 2, Mage Killer has some great abilities.

As of now, my army(except when I experiment) is

1. 22 ArchDemons
2. 22 Dragon Riders
3. 177 Dark Paladins
4. 390 Heresiarchs
5. 195 Wizards(which I can sub 140 Demonologists for)

Creation is a killer spell crucial to Dark Paladins and Heresiarchs. It can sometimes give the Dark Paladin 5 Prayers or the Heresiarch 5 Resurrect at Level 3.

or 5 Thread of Life for the Demonologist

I wonder how many players pass on buying the Alchemy set(s)?

Last edited by Shadowcran; 02-19-2015 at 04:28 AM.