View Single Post
Old 09-09-2008, 08:50 PM
Registered Member

Default Dont like it

I had my first computer when I was five, 386 Packard bell about 8mb of ram.

First game i ever got was AAARGH, it was okay, but then I got death track, came out in 89 but I got it in 1990. I loved it, played it over and over again, I learned to start out on SF because there is a turn that you cant take with a fast modified car. Yeh thats right, I actually remember that.

But I won't play this game ever, this game is just too over done, too much of everything.

The locations are too radical, everything has a neo-tokyo look about it, the combat is too over the top(jumps and flips and jets on the sides of vehicles) and speaking of vehicles, who would honestly beef up a rx-8? All the cars need to be american muscle, I am sure most cadillac's practically come from the factory bullet proof.

Everything doesn't need to be over the top, in fact from all the videos I tried to watch, everything needs to be simplified.

Obviously the locations in the original were green grass around the track and a cityscape. But these cities/tracks can be a little more realistic and grittier, maybe I just dont like neon colors.

Overall it just looks like there is just too much going on around the player, the nice thing about the original was that you could easily focus on shooting the guy in front of you or placing caltrops for the guy behind you.