View Single Post
Old 06-18-2011, 10:21 PM
Registered Member

Default Update on 4th and 5th attempts

Update on my 4th and 5th 200% difficulty attempts:

4th:
I abandoned my 4th game since I foolishly and impatiently decided to join in the fight against the doms early on (about Aug 3300) again trying to take back a Blazer system no less with about 6 coalition warships. They lasted all of 3 rounds probably after engaging the enemy. It cost me well over 20k to get a set of upgraded equipment so I didn't want to waste it so early on without funds to do more trading. Decided to scrap it and start over.

5th:
This game started out slowly, but a few systems survived for a while (there were about 6 still after 1 year I think) before they started to fall all quickly. There are now only 2 systems left. My starting and 1 with a military base. Playing as a Faeyan with the missiles again.

I was planning to keep the business center alive, but with the blazer attack, the sector didn't last long at all and I didn't have a combat drug. Also lost the main Peleng system and a Faeyan one with a pirate base a bit earlier. At least I didn't have to repay my loan!

It's now mid 3301 and my hull is 323 or so, 3 weapons max Faeyan Kalai, 2 lvl 2 frag cannons, 2 missiles, pretty much all < 25 size upgraded level 1 equipment. No shields yet, but got a microscopic scanner since it was small (17). I don't have any pigamar equipment yet though. About 25k in cash.

I just defended my 1st Keller attack in the system with the military base and picked up 7 probes as well finally after getting the technical skill drug.

A blazer attack now will be deadly probably, but with 2 systems, there are a lot of civilian ships around to draw away fire. Also taking out any pirates I see which doesn't seem to be helping goods prices so maybe I will lay off till I see some protect missions to try to generate more funds trading since prices are pretty low overall.

Money is a bit tight and I haven't even upgraded my ship armor yet since I don't know if I want to keep this ship long term. A good amount of spare space still though (about 80-100) so should be able to pick up a few things during dom defence. No plans to attack a system until I get more rockets or a much larger ship.