View Single Post
Old 02-22-2014, 03:35 PM
Approved Member

So if from `start new game` till end we already know all enemy units stats, and how to counter each of them - where is randomness ? Where is planing how to approach harder battles if in advance we know that numbers in enemy army means nothing if we have our desired unit lineup.
Enemy units exp brings new element of surprise and make player adept to each battle, and it all except tedium.

Every playthrough so far (and i did more then 10 on different classes and difficulties) i knew what each enemy unit can/cannot do and that was boring. Only interesting battles after early game (till 10-15 lvl hero) were enemy hero/bosses fights.

In Red sands, and as Mat mentioned his HoMM babies mod enemy unit individual exp bonuses made this game interesting and playable all over again.

As Dir said speed is dangerous bonus for enemy, but also great when your unit get it and it`s totally random, and that is best thing about this series. Playing game and in first battle you find some unit, and in last battle in game you fight same unit with same stats, only by then you`re 60+ lvl, have full inventory, spell book, rage skills. Can some1 tell me how is that challenging ?

And last : How hard is to right click on enemy stack when battle commence to check it`s statistics ? If there is 10 stacks of some unit, they will all have same stats, no need to check each separately.

Only thing devs must fix comparing to red sands is hp bonus. There hp on lvlup was total, and is was common to find thousands of low lvl units (sprites expl) with basic 8hp and +20hp bonus from lvlup = 250% bonus, and on other hand dragons with 1020hp = 2% bonus. In my game i changed it to give same +hp% bonus = low lvl units get 1-2hp/lvlup , and high lvl unist get more depending on their basic hp.