View Single Post
Old 05-11-2010, 08:42 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnerwetter View Post
I take Open offer when I see it at CCWA base and never try to reach it from 60 miles.

Now how papers work:
1. Some event (Open offer in this case) is created in game world
2. Paper is placed in 60 miles
So either papers should have been placed before an event is created to allow more time to reach Open Offer (which is not possible with the current system) or player should take into account that paper was created some time ago (may be long before he was able to read it).
It is basically the fault of open world with simulated life. Life in the game world goes by itself.
But please don't forget that Open Offers are not unique events. You will encounter them from time to time, and even if you can't reach desired OO in time, you can be sure that some similar OO will be created after some time.
So basically this is a useless part of the game, and should have been replaced with something that would be of value for the players. Things like more side missions. Otherwise 6O miles diner is really a lame duck, unless a mission directs you there. Some more thought should have be used in the creation of 60 miles in my opinion.