Thread: Putting It Away
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2010, 07:20 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgb View Post
2) Diplomacy that makes the TW series look like, well, a great diplomat. Time after time the A.I. would come to me with a offer of alliance, but than refuse to accept it. Or, when I could finally get an alliance, that country would attack for no apparent reason. Every nation in the world is expanding all over the place, but as soon as you take your first neutral village they all hate you.

Too bad. This could have been a contender.
The way I see it, the AI thinks an alliance might be possible, if you pay tribute for 18 seasons and give him a huge amount of gold, knowledge and food. The real question is, does the AI know how much gold and resources the player has? If it does, the AI shouldn't propose deals the player can't make appealing to the AI.

As for your neighbors hating you, you're expanding too fast. Conquer a neutral province, send ambassadors to the offended parties and let them do their work. Their approval of you will improve after some time. Once they're improved enough, conquer another neutral and repeat. Or you can just kick the complainers' teeth in if they annoy you enough.

My allies haven't backstabbed me, so I can't comment on that. You must have been a very bad boy to warrant such an action.