View Single Post
Old 06-05-2022, 01:25 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by taly001 View Post
In 4.13.4 the F6F-5 tested speed and climb is correct to common data, both on ADIwep and off. It has a large bonus maneoverability fudge in its flight data already! The 4.13.4 F6F-3 has same engine coding without ADI so I didn't test fly it...
Thanks very much for the feedback and info taly001. I guess it is possible that my expectations for the F6F-5 performance are too high. I haven't tested it against official performance figures myself. In 4.14.1 I do remember having more difficulty chasing SU-2s at sea level than I expected, without resorting to WEP, and I was also influenced by comments made by baball and others in the M4T forums last year, where it seems to be a common complaint.

baball said "The main problem with the current Hellcat FM is that its lift coefficient at 0° AoA has been doubled, going from 0.17 to 0.36. What this means is that you have to pitch down way more in the post 4.11 patch as you gain speed, which in turn increases the drag of the aircraft more than it should."

Patch 4.14.1 was already out when baball made this statement, so I'm not sure how that fits with your 4.13.4 testing.

Here's a link to the full M4T discussion if you want to read the rest of the criticisms and mod solutions:

https://www.mission4today.com/index....wtopic&t=25460