View Single Post
Old 11-21-2011, 10:38 PM
Approved Member

Default Some questions...

1. Does something like charge bonus exist? I can't find anything about it in manual.

2. Does a unit get penalty/bonus for fighting uphill/downhill?

3. Are there any differences between units except 5-6 basic parameters with 0-3 possible values. For example - does the efficiency of a western swordsman maxed to 3/3/3.. will be the same as Russ version maxed to 3/3/3..? If there are other hidden parameters, please, tell me where I can find them.

4. Does the editor added to the game can only handle map modifications or I can add/modify units with it? Does a manual for this editor exist?

5. Is there any skill points cap for the commander skills?

Hmm...what can I say. This game has a huge potential. It's hard to go wrong with Mount & Blade and Total War crossover. Unfortunately, significant number of bugs makes this game very irritating after a short time. I can get over with most of them except stupid battle AI. For god sake this game is all about battles. I still occasionally play first Medieval:TW and this 10 year old game has battle AI that beats RW2 in every possible way. IMO it's the first thing that has to be fixed.
The other thing I don't like is "army exp." idea - totally unrealistic. IMO each unit should have its own exp pool. A unit should gain exp separately by fighting/shooting/killing enemies. Now, one unit fights and other unit gets upgrade .

Manual - someone should read it before uploading. There are 2 sentences that are repeated 4 times on the 3 pages (if something is so important you can make it bold, right?). Some of your commander skills' names are different than those in game. There are other things that have different names in manual and in game too.

For me, it looks like the game was released at least 2-3 months earlier that normally should.

Last edited by Goblin Wizard; 11-21-2011 at 10:56 PM.