View Single Post
Old 11-17-2010, 01:39 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB Shockwave View Post
Intellect is usefull for a Paladin (I am using the ring that gives +5 an takes 20% gold after battle) - to boost spells like Armor of God, Healing, Resurrection, and most importantly, Phoenix. I found even the Adult Phoenix is incredibly usefull in tough battles.

Yeah, for single stack Adrenaline will be sufficient, but why would you do that? It's boring. If you play undead, go all the way! You'll learn to appreciate how cool some of their units are. Ancient Vampires and Bone dragons rule, Cursed Ghosts are excellent tanks... Skeleton Archers are not as powerfull as in the Legend (due to nerfed Dragon Arrows) but can still pack a punch in huge numbers. And I think Pirate Ghosts have possibilities too. But the best are the Necromancers, a truly versatile unit that raises fodder, incapacitates spellcasters, casts Plague on the whole battlefield (and yes, it works on Black Dragons too), and is very fast to boot - meaning it will most likely act before the enemy does. The only problem is that its attack hits your own troops too, but that's the undead way - you can resurrect them by life drain or Evlins.
Ancient Phoenix is nearly worthless in Impossible UNLESS you got Level 3 Summoning and like 30+ intellect. Ideally 40+.

Even with said intellect and skills, they are not THAT awesome. Now, in the hands of a mage, they are quite decent, but again, not that awesome. They usually start to fall short around Verona or so.

Resurrection as a spell is oddly enough, not that good either. You get FAR better bang for your buck if you merely get more Paladin Units + Resurrection Skill or Rune Mages.

Phantom Paladins especially with Inquisitor blade is FAR more efficient than any level Resurrection.

Phantom Rune Mage, similar story.

Once again, leadership trumps here. Phantom with Level 3 Summoning is really key.

You are better off maxing summoning rather than getting + intellect skills.

As for healing, no need if you got paladins and rune mages. The marginal difference in +5 intellect isn't usually worth it.

I'll check the formulas and repost here.

Healing only gives you 5% more per intellect.
250 * 0.25 = 63 more HP with Healing.

Divine Armor only gives you Int/3 % more. So 5 more Intellect gives you a mere 1.67% more defense.

Resurrection is
600 * 0.25 = 150 more HP. Not even a single paladin more.

Last edited by ckdamascus; 11-17-2010 at 02:55 AM.