View Single Post
Old 08-14-2010, 01:12 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikitns View Post
hmm, i've never had those problems.

Keep in mind the angle of ur and the enemy tank, as well as height differences.
that is not what I am talking about. Angle should and does matter. Thats a good thing. But remember vehicles like the Panther for example had only 40mm of side armor. Thats not even enough to give any protection against the soviet 76mm gun which could penetrate it on pretty much any distance (I think up to 1000m). The issue with the Soviet 76mm is the acuracy like with many soviet guns. But thast another story.

I am glad the game seems to model the lower part of the hull (got a few tanks that way when you shoot uphill).

But what I am talking about are clear situations where you have no realy big angle or even no one at all and see the Tiger II taking flank shoots by quite powerfull guns (152,122, 100, 90mm etc.). But this doesnt only happen with German vehicles. I got such situations as well with the Tiger 1 trying to penetrate the side of the IS1, IS2 or the Panther the side of the Pershing etc. And as No.Mam said, smaller guns like the 5cm are extremly overpowered. The Panzer III could "eventualy" with APCR amunition do some damage to the T34 (any version) if it gets close enough. As said "If". The Panzer III was a battle tank afterall. But the Puma wasnt. Its a recon vehicle so it was not meant to engange tanks. Yet in game it does very often and succesfully. But I doubt the Puma got any APCR rounds as those have been very rare and the material needed for those rare shells have been probably spend more for the Panther and Tiger which had more use for them.