View Single Post
Old 05-29-2011, 01:08 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk471138 View Post
so about this hsfx aaken mods...you have to enable the expert mode in the jsgme? lol this whole time i thought that aaken was available with stock hsfx...
Aaken is a professional aircraft design engineer with a Ph.D. and is currently working in that capacity. Not since Oleg himself has someone with this much experience and education touched the flight modles of IL-2. Aaken uses actual aerospace methods to develop the flight models as opposed to the 'that looks about right' flip a coin method that other mod packs employ. As for what planes are affected, note in the stock HSFX 5.0 configuration (EXPERT mod off) all of the stock IL-2 planes (original slot) have the stock flight models, but some of the the mod aircraft (new slot) use Aaken’s flight models. When you enable the EXPERT MOD via JSGME in HSFX 5.0 both the stock (original slot) and mod (new slot) aircraft use Aaken's flight models. In the initial release of HSFX 5.0 Aaken's focus was on the popular ETO aircraft, Aaken is currently working on the PTO aircraft flight models which will be released as an update/hot fix, it is in beta testings as we speak. For a list of all the planes that Aaken has done see below

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk471138 View Post
what else does enabling 'expert mode' do besides put in the aaken stuff...
You can refer to the HSFX 5.0 readme, which I found hard to read and took it upon myself to make a unofficial version, below i the link

http://flightsimtesting.com/my/docum...WTO_MANUAL.pdf

Refer to section '8 Aaken's Flight Models' to learn more about what was done, and refer to section '7.12 EXPERT mode aircraft' to see a list of the planes that Aaken has done, and keep in mind that list will be growing as time goes by, where I noted above he is currently working on many of the PTO aircraft. The EXPERT MOD is something I think you will enjoy, for most of those who have tried it all say one thing THE FEEL IS REAL!