View Single Post
Old 04-18-2012, 05:15 PM
Approved Member

Fantastic news! I didn't think we'd ever see more Spacer Rangers content, so this is a pleasant surprise. This appears to be more of an expansion than a full game I guess; same original galaxy with mostly the same items/weapons/ships, but with some new graphics and some new content.

Here's the biggest changes from the "interesting features" section:

New pirate subplot. After completing any one of the story branches a player can either end the game, or continue playing to complete another branch. the player’s actions influence the entire Galaxy, while the balance in either of wars may be tipped not only by the player, but by AI actions as well. No two playthroughs will be the same.
Major technical overhaul. Display resolutions up to 1920×1200, multi-core processors, Windows® 7, and anti-aliasing in 3D planetary battles are now fully supported.
Extended soundtrack means you’ll hear more than 15 completely new musical themes specially created for deeper immersion into the amazing Space Rangers universe.
Other improvements include more than 10 new text adventures, 15+ planetary battle maps, 20+ government missions, unique non-story events, new equipment and micromodules, access to all hyperspace engagements from the main menu and more!

I hope we get some new ships, but I didn't see it listed.

This is exciting! Day One Purchase.