View Single Post
Old 06-09-2011, 12:01 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6BL Bird-Dog View Post
The Iron Cross Edition arrived last week so its all loaded up and updated .
Setting up the controls at the moment and reading all the aircraft manuals available to download from from sim hq .
My first online flight game was "Dawn of Aces" WW1 and is where I joined Brando , Cudgel,Simba,Tiger & Idunno ,the gang of No6 RFC Black lions .
Spotting for the Artillery in a Bristol FB2 two seater was fun, zeroing the shell fall into the target area below then ordering up a barrage to watch the hangers and spawning enemy below being blasted apart.All this whilst your squaddies kept enemy fighters off you.
Another feature was trying to destroy a heavily defended Enemy Zeppilin approaching one of your bases at alt whilst looking out for the waiting enemy Hun in the Sun.
Unless a great deal of grabbing far from the area was done there was no chance of grabbing up under the shadow of the approaching gas bag without a Tripe or Albatross dropping on you.
Realy looking foreward to flying this era with the advances made since then.
you could get a bit disapointed, even the new career is beta, the game is bit empty and ther is no variation in missions,no surprises on the way, and way few planes, i have to say i paid already 100$ for this game and its still same, buggy and empty and after while boring,talking single player,many buttons dont work after 2 years, so i like how people promote this simulation, which its true its great simulation but very weak game,so it depend what do you expect, but by your message you will get the opposite
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti (1024 MB)
Sound Realtek ALC889A @ Intel 82801IB ICH9
Disc WDC SATA Device (150 GB, 10000 RPM)+ 2 more 7200 RPM backups
Joystick MFF2
Monitor Syncmaster 215tw res.1680x1050
Windows 7 Ultimate 64