View Single Post
Old 08-02-2008, 12:45 PM
Registered Member

Unhappy Please do better with the real game than the demo

Hi All

I have been waiting for Deathtrack Ressurection for a over a year in anticipation since I have first read about it on the Internet. The original Deathtrack was arguably the best game concept/idea ever conceived, I therefore hoped that the sequal would bring a technologically advanced game to us, while still remaining rooted in the athmosphere of the original. The original game certainly had it's flaws - the cars did not drive like real cars, I wished that the vehicles would behave more like the Grand Prix simulators of the time.

I have just managed to download a playable demo of the new game, after several unsuccessfull attempts. I installed the game and stopped playing after about five minutes. I felt like crying. The demo has no character or feel of realism. The cars do not behave like real cars. There is no cockpit view, only a bumper view (the greatest drawback of NFS
Carbon as well). My MOMO wheel was not supported. You can not see or hear the guns firing, it is as if you do not have any guns at all (the sound effects sucks big-time). The game seems like a bad arcade game on drugz, there is nothing authentic or lifelike about it.

Please understand that this has been the most anticipated game of my life - there are really no substitutes. What I would ideally like to see is a marriage between Crysis and NFS Carbon/Pro Street. I would like to drive a car that behaves like a real car, while shooting opponents with guns that shoot like real guns. Is that really too much too ask? I really hope that he final release of the game is a HUGE improvement over the demo.