View Single Post
Old 04-02-2012, 07:08 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luno13 View Post
The first thing I've noticed is that landing approaches seem to be a bit lower and shallower. This is nice, but I think it caused a Po-2 to crash into some trees as it was flying the landing pattern and couldn't react in time.

The attack pattern of ground-attack aircraft has changed. I reverted to the old DGen to make sure of this change. Il-2s, for instance, will fly much further and higher away from the target after an attack, before coming around again. In the old DGen, Il-2's would orbit fairly close to the target at no more than 300 meters or so when making attacks. It's strange to now see Il-2s cruise at tree-top level, but regroup from a ground-attack at 1000 meters, followed by another attack. This might be good behavior for fighter-bombers and JABO, which might have to defend themselves but not dedicated ground-attackers like the Il-2, HS-129, Fiat Cr.42 (Germany), etc.
Question here the quite difficult. On the one hand there are height and speed parameters in the AllPlanes.dat file or in the *Planes.dat files for separate campaigns. These parameters are used for creation of a route and AI planes try to follow this route. On the other hand planes in game AI operates and it doesn't depend on the generator. The behavior of planes during attack of the land purposes and during air fight doesn't depend on operation of the generator.

Whether there is a possibility to create two missions in the old and new generator and in the stout editor to compare parameters of points of a route? If they strongly differ - a problem in the generator. If don't differ is a behavior of AI and I can't affect it. I continue to test the generator and I will be engaged in parameters of points.