Thread: Xiiic hd
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2008, 03:21 PM
Approved Member

Thanks Mitra!

Now I’ve gotten a little farther with this, and so far have found the following.

The Tools Capture GUI un-check removes the Replay tag from replays for the Start Capture process, but the Start Capture is only a one frame at a time snapshots.

Detailing all of the other possible combinations of the game, GUI, Editor, and Capture, or Fraps, is a bit too much work, although I did go through it all. The result being most important, and that is for me that in every case there was some kind of problem that limited what I wanted to achieve, or how I needed to achieve it.

In the end I am back at the beginning, and that’s ok. I have to be able to play the game with the GUI up, because unit indicators need to be off for the future recording, and the GUI can be turned off for the replay (except the Replay tag). I need to play the game first to concentrate on the action, later coming back to do the camera work from the best location to show that action most effectively.

I can loose the Replay tag in video editing, and it won’t impact the production that much. From my experience so far, I believe that there is possibly a way to use the Editor to create a video sequence, but I have to work in real-time, with the tools I am familiar with.

Hope to have something to show you soon

Thanks Again!