View Single Post
Old 05-20-2019, 04:36 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crendagord View Post
Thanks for the answer. What I mean is, some parts of models are wider than what you see. For example, the butterflies for the dryad are squares. But a part is transparent.
If you open the dryad texture file and turn the alpha channel to be totally white, you will see what I am talking about. I have learnt a few things about transparency when playing with Oblivion and Skyrim models:
- first, the transparency has to be enabled on the model itself. This is something that has to be done with the proper model editor
- second, the transparency level (from invisible to totally opaque) is set on the alpha channel of the texture

But there seem to be an other parameter in KB. For example, when I worked on my mod "Amelie fairy princess", just copying the model removes the transparency. Strangely, the wings weren't affected

The vampiress from DS could make a nice ghost lady if I can add transparency to the model, but it is out of the range of what a simple text editor can do. Lariel as well could make a great new unit but even if her skeleton is the same as the other elves archers, the nodes names aren't the same, so it doesn't work

Edit: Perhaps you forget to register the .dds file in file "textures.sub" ?

In addition there is a parameter indeed that affects the transparency of units.

You can try this:
1.Open a "atom" file. For example, "pirat_ghost.atom"
2.Let's see:

"
main {
class=chesspiece
model=pirat_ghost.bma
cullcat=0
blend=0.6 ---This is the parameter for transparency
spawnscale=0.95
}
"
3.You can edit the value(0-1). If there is none, add it.

Hope it will help.

Last edited by zhoudaohan; 05-21-2019 at 01:02 PM.