Thread: Modding SW3?
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2010, 05:00 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
To buy from the shop or get them in the inventory, whichever works. For example the corvets, the motherships like the Stalingrad or Lion mk1, which are in the game just can't use them. If it's possible to add the mean fighters from SW2, pitty they are not in this one. A few new missions would also come in handy. It's a nice idea.
Corvettes you would have to convert to interceptors (like Valky did), Big ships you simply cannot impliment unless you replace your mothership with them. But most bigships that are not already a mothership are incapable of carrying fighters (like the Stalingrad and Stone Arrow), which creates a whole bunch of problems when trying to use it as a mothership. You can technically convert those ships to carriers, but it requires a LOT of editing and is a major pain in the rear to do.

Quote:
1)would it be theoretically possible to add more than 4 rocket placements on any ship? i seem to remember bident has 4 rockets, 2 small guns & 2 systems...could it be possible to replace the 2 guns with missiles?
You would have to edit the model. Models have two kinds of slots, Big gun/missile slots, and small gun slots. Big guns and missiles are interchangable, but small gun slots will only work with small guns, and systems do not use special slots at all (so you can add as many as the GUI can handle).

Quote:
2)if so...i assume the same applies to big gun slots...imagine a butcher wielding those 1600 dmg cannons and a mothership with 2 missile slots(supernovas ofc) instead of 2 normal gun slots
I do not think capital ships can carry or fire missiles. Corvettes, yeah, but not capital ships.

Last edited by Nanaki; 03-15-2010 at 05:08 PM.