Thread: Performance
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2010, 11:34 AM
Approved Member

it's difficult to say what the culprit is when there is difficulty running games, even more difficult when it didn't happen to us. yes your p4 is outdated now but perhaps its not the prime problem. over-clock it a bit and see if gameplay improves a little, if it does i suppose that will give you the answer. windows 7 is garbage but i've read that rig'n'roll wasn't made to run under winXP ???

you have a good video card. keep your hard drive and maybe your power-supply will work too. go buy an amd dual core 65w (saves power @_@) cpu for $50-70, 3.0ghz or whatever. and an asus motherboard (~$70) to go with it. get a good one to leave room for upgrading to a phenom black edition. or just buy that right away =-D. the x3 might be the best value (sometimes you can unlock the 4th core. actually sometimes even those sold as x2' end up being completely stable under 4). but at the end of the day its all pointless. usually the only thing that people tax their system with is games and games (i think still) only use 2 cores. thats why intel sells duo extreme for gaming.

well if you buy cpu + mobo then all you need is 2gb or more of ddr2/ddr3 ram, and you can run crysis not just rig n' roll

computers are very cheap now when compared to 10 years ago, especially if you stay away from that intel garbage.

but before you convince your mom you need a new computer to play games O_O update your nvidia drivers. drivers are everything...especially when you have ati.

Last edited by doordie; 01-06-2010 at 11:39 AM.