Thread: Arma2
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2011, 08:02 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xnomad View Post
I bought Arma2 because of COD as it was on steam and I had a new PC for COD. I love COD and contrary to most of the whiners here I feel I got my moneys worth with COD but not with ArmaII.

Why? Because the single player mode is a joke. I'm talking stock install here.

It should be called run around watching your AI team mates kill everyone that you can't see and then get killed while hiding in the grass via a headshot from a BMP that is driving 500 metres away at full speed.

Frustrating as $%#@! The BMPs are insane, they are like the terminator, the speed they will find you and kill you in seconds its just nuts, how did they ever release it like that?

I loved Operation Flashpoint but it also had crazy AI. They just have super vision and it really spoils it in terms of realism. I guess MP is where it's at with this. I often make my AI team hold and do everything single handed as they just attract too much attention with their bumbling or they kill everyone before I have a chance.

The graphics are lovely and it has it's moments but I think you need to mod and download, the stock install is lacking.

All sorts of problems that Operation Flashpoint had continue in Arma2, for instance when an AI enemy is in the middle of an action he will complete that action even if you shoot him. So lets say he's just climbing over a fence, you shoot him in the head he wont' go down till you shoot him when he's finished. I could go on all day about other frustrating elements of the game.

I also got Operation Arrowhead with it, and the campaign should be called, run around watching your AI team kill everything as well. I stopped when I was ordered to run from the airfield to one hamlet and then to the other and couldn't get a shot off as my AI team killed everyone at distances where I couldn't even see the enemy or IFF it. I felt more like a reporter than a team member.

Ahhh COD you are worth so much more.
How long have you had it? What difficulty level are you playing at? On easy, enemies show on the map. You can also order your squad to hold fire if you need to (space/hold fire).
I agree that the Ai can be crazy at times, but it sounds like you may need to better familiarise yourself with the command interface.

Apologies if you're an old hand at the game.