View Single Post
Old 08-15-2009, 07:14 AM
Tree_UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igo kyu View Post
At no point in there does Oleg say it won't be out long before October 2010. Tomorrow for example would be long before October 2010.

Software is strange stuff, sometimes you think it will take a long time, then you find a nice shortcut and it doesn't, though that situation is very rare, other times you think you are finished, then a bug shows up, and fixing it breaks something else, so it takes a very long time to sort out. I think Oleg is wise not to give any hostages to fortune in terms of release dates.
C'mon guys as far has SOW is concerned Oleg and team have no idea how long it will be before SOW is completed, he plucks dates out of thin air then never mentions them again. I remember being flamed in this forum for speculating a March 2010 release, The Fanboys were convinced that Oleg would release September 2009 if not before, even they have trouble defending Oleg's crazy release predictions because it appears that he simply makes them up.
SOW is a long way off, so get used to it, once we see a dedicated SOW website then you can add at least another year on and then maybe you will be close to a release date. In the last interview Oleg told us that the game is currently 80% finished, and then goes on to say its his general plan to release in October 2010 if not before, so at the time of the interview he is saying that its going to take well over a year to finish the last 20% of this sim, According to Oleg work did not start on SOW until late 2007, so if we do the maths, its taken roughly 1 and a half years to get the sim 80% completed and its going to take roughly the same amount to finish the last 20%!! he later said we would see in game shots from September on - I think this promise will go the same way has the system specs, dedicated website etc... so watch this space.

Last edited by Tree_UK; 08-15-2009 at 06:54 PM.