Thread: Best Heavy tank
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2010, 06:42 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crni vuk View Post
I can understand the intention to downsize the effect of penetration and shells for gameplay sake. But yeah ... it still should be a lot more powerfull. You see way to many richochets and shoot without any effect at all particularly while engaging medium / light armor with heavy guns and tanks.

The Nashorn is litealy useless in battles cause it seems never to do much more then a Stug. And Before I spend points on a tank that has virtualy no armor (hey it dies 99% of the time in the first shoot) you save the points for the Jagdpanther or Jagdpanzer IV. If the Nashorn would at least get the penetration of its gun. To many times you shoot the side of some vehicle to see nothing happen ... or even its front. A t34 or similar vehicles should be toast. As simple as that. The IS2 and pershing. Thats a different story. I agree here to achieve penetration on highest distance. Should be difficoult of course. But not for the flank. It should almost always grant you success. I would like to use and see more Nashorns in battle. But it seems no one is choosing it for obvious reasons. If you dont get the first hit. you're dead.

This is what I mean though when I am talking about side shoots to the Panther. And this happend so many times ... its not funny anymore. And yeah it happens virtualy with all weapons and different tanks. Bee it shooting the Pershing side with the Tiger I, or Tiger II with the SU100 etc. ...

Tsst BS Nashorns are Awsome. Sure they are risky, you can lose em many times and if the enemy has an officer or good line of sight. You may lose it.

The Nashorn has same gun as King tiger and JP so theres nothing wrong with its gun. Nashorns are really a unit you can only afford to quickly move forth shoot and then retrete.

Personaly i normaly buy em if the enemy has for example an IS-2 or a Pershing. And im too low on points to afford anything real heavy.
Then Nashorns are normaly a better investment then a JP 4 or even a tiger and panther.
Killed many IS-2s with Nashorns, trick is to make sure the enemy isnt ready for it. Sure somtimes the shot miss or hit a bad spot where it deflects.
But thats life.