View Single Post
Old 04-11-2009, 08:45 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oli-Wan View Post
... So what?

I remember a loooot of games "Nvidia the way it's meant to be played" which worked better on ATi.

In the case of Cryostasis, neither ATi nor nVidia have good performance, the brand is not the problem, and as far as I know, the other PhysX games aren't slower on ATi than nVidia without PhysX, Mirror's Edge is a good exemple.

So stop trolling... ATi is not the problem, PhysX is deactivate. The only difference between nVidia and ATi in this game is that ATi hadn't all the useless physx effects... So, I repeat, yes, I believe that a game with PhysX support will run well on my card without PhysX effects, and that is the way it should be...

No need to discuss about the two 3D Card manufacturer, there will be a patch, so there are no problems anymore.
Perhaps you should look up the term trolling. I have a friend who has an AMD dual core CPU overclocked to 3.4 ghz as well as an ATI Radeon HD 4870 video card, he hardly surpasses 20 FPS in this game. On the other hand, before I installed my PPU I got much higher performance than him, I only dropped to around 20 FPS in a few areas, the rest of the time I was above 30. Not to mention I have a larger monitor and play on a large resolution. I know my GTX 260 CORE 216 is slightly faster than the 4870 but the difference is almost negligible, except for in PhysX games like Cryostasis. My CPU is faster but either way our cards aren't in much of a bottleneck. That was just one post from experience. I would like to see how the game runs after the patch is released.