Thread: Reviews
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2009, 06:35 PM
Approved Member

Default COH vs MOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilsausage View Post
Okey so heres the deal...

1. You can't judge a game by only its singleplayer(like you did). And CoH has never made "false pretenses of being single player experiences."

2. You can't compare CoHs multiplayer to other games in MP if you havent even played CoH in MP.

3. Warhammer? What game is that? Warhammer online? Warhammer mark of chaos? Warhammer 40k? or warhammer dark omen?

4. You can't really talk smack about CoH and love DoW. Since they are basicallly the same game. Its like saying Counterstrike source is a Shitty game...but original counterstrike is 10 times better!
Answers-
1. Any game which has a large single player campaign, justifies being judged on how good that campaign is. COH qualifies on that count and fails in my book.
2. I never said I have never played COH online, only rarely. I just think the fun factor is more in games like Dawn of War and Warhammer 40k where the design focus is clearly on the multiplayer component of the game.
3. Warhammer 40k.
4. If that logic was there, we would never need a new improved game, because they are all basically the same, from the time the first Warcraft game came to the rts scene and maybe earlier.

I can appreciate your point of view though. I have been playing computer games for nearly 13 years now. I used to like arcade games like COH before, was totally bowled over by their flashy graphics, but not any more.

I need content, I need strategic options in my games so that I can put my mind to work.

Last edited by donjas; 03-07-2009 at 06:38 PM.