View Single Post
Old 10-02-2010, 10:18 AM
Approved Member

Post Buggy...

Okay, the whole Editor is complicated, but worse than that, it's Buggy. It's nothing critical, but may slow, or drive away those who are trying to make new maps (or edit those already made). The worst bugs are related to textures, so I'll post them here.
Here are some things I would like to point out:

Texture related:
-While working on one session without restarting the Editor, there aren't any specific problems, except that the texture layers are hard to get used to and hard to understand. However once you save your work and exit the Editor, then start it again, you will have lots of problems like when you try to texture something you will have a "no texture" drawn on your terrain(just like JonnyFiveAlive mentioned), and the Editor may just crash.
-In the attachment below, you can see what happened to me just some time ago. I unintentionally did that with just two clicks and the third one, which was an attempt to erase it, crashed the Editor completely.
-As mentioned above you will have to organize your textures yourself, which is not a bug, but still a major hassle.

Other stuff:
-While creating a session, just after creating your first map, the Editor crashes. It is not a big deal, as you can just start it again and everything is fine.
-Some minor issues with terrain Levels, which is also no big deal, since you can overcome them with some effort.
-Difficult number input, which had me inputting my numbers several times over to get them right. I don't know exactly why is this, though.

Just one last thing:
-This is only happening on one of my computers, so it might have something to do with my settings, but here it is - All of the helpers like Grid, Chesspieces, Paths e.t.c. are gone, I can't see them, which slows down my work. They started to show sometime ago, but they're gone again, so I would like to know what could affect them?

That's about what I can remember so far. These stuffs(bugs) might not affect other users, or versions, but if they do, then it is only fair to ask for a better version of the Editor.

Regards, Bladeking77.

P.S. Sorry if my English is a little bad.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Example.jpg (20.1 KB, 52 views)