View Single Post
Old 07-17-2020, 11:04 PM
Approved Member

ba1_[ability_name]_disabled.png
ba1_[ability_name]_normal.png
ba1_[ability_name]_onmouse.png
ba1_[ability_name]_onpress.png
ba1_[ability_name]_small.png

These are the files you need for an ability. I also linked the files for Ice Dragon's summon ability for you to work on.

Now, adding your ability icon to your unit. Let's take Knights, for example. They have all-around attack (krugom in the unit's .atom file). Its section should look like this:

krugom {
class=moveattack
hinthead=special_knight_head
hint=special_knight_hint
reload=3
base_attack=0
ad_factor=1
picture=ba1_circlestrike_
picture_small=ba1_circlestrike_small.png
options=disablerush,used_if_damaged,6in1
anim_attack=power
damage {
physical=15,20
}

As you can see, it also contains the name for the icon, both regular and small forms. You don't need to include all icons' names in picture field, but only ba1_[ability_name]_, in order for it to work. However, for the small icon you have to link the entire name.

Now onto changing the hero's model. I haven't done this in a long while, so tell me if it works as I say. In data\data.kfs you can find both hero_amelie.atom and hero_main.atom. Extract them. The first one determines the model of the hero in underground areas or buildings while the second one determines the surface model (basically the one with the horse). Now, I think the hero is a very special case compared to the units, regarding models. If you want to only use one unit model for the hero, I suggest cloning that unit model 6 times, and name it like this: [#1][name][#2].bma. [#1] is either 1 or 2. [#2] is either 1, 2 or 3. Now, go to hero_main.atom. Replace specialhero=hero_amelie with specialhero=hero_[name], and

model {
0=amelie2.bma
1=amelie3.bma
}

with

model {
0=[name]2.bma
1=[name]3.bma
}

Also, don't forget to change the animations' names with those of your unit's model. Save the file and open hero_amelie.atom now. Change

model {
0=amelie1.bma
}

into

model {
0=[name]1.bma
}

As well, don't forget the animations. Save and close the files. I'm not sure if this works, but the Amelie hero model is the hardest to understand in all four games.