View Single Post
Old 06-02-2010, 03:27 AM
Trucidation

Here's a little typo fix that's been bugging me ever since I first played the game - it's the AMS modules' descriptions. All 4 of them claim that "Missile intercept efficiency: 10" but this is incorrect, game data has different values. (It also doesn't make sense to have 4 duplicates of the same item...)

Okay ladies and gents, launch Notepad and load this file: \Data\LocData\English\m_modules.loc. This file contains plaintext descriptions of items so you won't screw it up if you make a mistake. Probably. Maybe. Make a backup copy of this file and save it in a different folder.

1) Search for "; AMS" (no quotes).
2) You will see 4 items with 4 lines each. The first line for each item is the #M_Name_AMSn, where n is 1 to 4: Boxer, Gladiator, Berserk, Cerberus.
3) Look at their 4th lines, the ones that begin with #M_LDesc_AMSn. These are the ones you need to fix. Btw, Boxer is fine (10), so you only need to edit 3.
4) Gladiator: edit the description to read "... Missile intercept efficiency: 20."
5) Berserk: edit the description to read "... Missile intercept efficiency: 30."
6) Cerberus: edit the description to read "... Missile intercept efficiency: 40."
7) Save, you're done.

Edit:
Threw in a screenshot but I doubt you'll need it, this is a very simple edit. Ignore the screwed up file path in my text editor, I'm not using English regional settings.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg StarWolves3--665.JPG (141.8 KB, 37 views)

Last edited by Trucidation; 06-02-2010 at 03:33 AM.