View Single Post
Old 03-27-2009, 07:15 PM
Approved Member

Lightbulb [mod] MadMan's Mess

Duuh, I'm finally releasing my mod, well, a beta version actually (v0.1...,no v0.2...no v0.3,err...v0.4!). I didn't test it completly but AFAIK it is playable, so leechers may enjoy.
However I'm actually releasing it hoping that someone will help me code all that stuff. (<-Well I almost gave up on that now) Anyway as long as you can tell the difference between a for and a while loop, you qualify.

MadMan's Mess Mod Content:
Changes:
*v0.4
-Added a new menu in the option screen with MadMan's Mess specific options: ennemy quantity, ennemy speed factor, unlimited ammo, and invisibility
-fixed a bug that caused weapons to flicker when you get close to an obstacle
-fixed a bug that prevented you from getting most left handed weapons
-adjusted weapon bobbing
-fixed ammo display when zooming with a sniper rifle
*v0.3
-HUD shows ammo for both guns when dual wielding.
-spawnpoints spawn 2x more people (save for bosses and some special mobs)
-fixed a bug causing weapons no longer moving up due to the recoil
-fixed a bug where the player couldn't move after doing an execution
-fixed a bug where hiting with the shovel was nearly impossible
-fixed a bug where rifles weren't displayed correctly when reloading or sprinting
-Shovels now use shovel ammo (max 5) instead of bayonets.
*v0.2
-projectiles really leaving from the gun barrel instead of the player's mouth/face
-ztorm's FOV fix:99% (to test)
-Weapons pulled backward when you approach walls/ennemies
-Effects attached to weapons (like flames on the flame hand) really attached to the weapon and not conveniently floating where they're supposed to be.
-rewrote a good chunk of the camera code
*v0.1
-Unlimited ammo for all weapons
-Dual wielding any single handed weapon except the shadow hand
-reduced loading time by removing caching(implemented the quick&dirty way, waiting for confirmation/infirmation that it really does something)

planned features:
-Barbed wire hand take&shred mode instead of take&throw:50% (adrenaline cost not set, should depend on target health)
-removing duplicated code in the weapon luas
-rewriting PROPERLY the luas. Done so far: 6 cuts (NEED HELP)
-spawn quantity, godmode and unlimited ammo settings in the game options.

ideas: (later, and if it is possible)
-keeping your weapons when you switch level

crazy ideas: (maybe later, in a long time)
-new crosshair mode: no more aiming cones but a moving/"floating" cross pointing exactly where you will shoot. Maybe 1 cross per weapon when dual wielding.
-lan/online coop mode (<-dream)

notes:
This mod is (so far) designed for solo play. It's very likely that it doesn't work in multiplayer. Reports of how it behaves in MP would/could be appreciated.

Installation: unzip in your NecroVisioN folder.
Removal: run "Remove MadMan's Mess.bat" in your NecroVisioN folder. Take care:
1-it will remove everything in the LSCRIPTS directory, incase you'd have put stuff there.
2-I don't remember if you have a levels directory when you install the game. Anyway I had to modify some level files and it will remove those files too, however it won't restore the originals, IF there were any.
Attached Files
File Type: zip MadMan's Mess v0.4.zip (7.27 MB, 89 views)

Last edited by Gniarf; 05-17-2009 at 11:20 PM.