View Single Post
Old 04-21-2018, 06:32 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhuangzi View Post
Three years later, I've finally come back to Dark Side to finish MattCasperMeyer's 'Phoenix Ore Cart' Vampire save. I knew that the rest of the game would be fairly straightforward to achieve no-losses, and it was, EXCEPT the final battle against the Spirit of Light.

The Vampire (Mage) ends up with very high Intellect in this game due to a skill which gives you an extra point of Intellect for every learned skill in the Mage tree. I had 109 Intellect by the end, including FOUR Rings of the Snake King! Early on I was using Ancient Phoenix a lot to inflict damage, but even that eventually becomes ineffective around level 40-50. Thereafter I used Dragon Riders a fair bit, and when I got bored of the grinding I started cheesing with Dragon Riders + Armageddon, which I did for the last 100 battles or so.

This doesn't work in the final battle, however, as the Spirit of Light will hit you on Turn 1 and you can't Resurrect or Turn Back Time on Dragon Riders. I tried a lot of other combinations without much success. By this stage my Fireball was doing 13k damage on the Spirit but I was still losing troops too fast (especially if I used Armageddon too). Eventually I remembered that Call of Nature is REALLY overpowered in this game. It's a spell I never really used but it is ridiculously strong. I summoned a stack of Royal Griffins on Turn 1 which did about 20k damage per hit to the Spirit. I just used one stack of Dark Paladins meanwhile. By Turn 12 the battle was over and thus at long last I was able to complete a no-losses Impossible run as the Vampire, but only with Matt's save with the Phoenix in the Ore Cart
Omg man! Good job! All this talk brings back good memories, but I don't know if I have the power within me to try it again.