View Single Post
Old 03-25-2011, 03:07 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cato_larsen View Post
Indeed.

Dont know how many of you have played Bohemia interactive sims from Operation flashpoint, (No, not the console version of it, but the old original) via ArmA and now ArmA 2.
It is a good Mil-Sim that also takes a lot of power. Now you can still make that look pretty good with settings turned down.
Does ArmA 2 have this anti-seizure post process on it? I'm honestly asking. If it does, then that might calm me a bit.

If it doesn't, I shudder to think how it would run on my machine if they had to add it in 3 months. Imagine if they suddenly released a patch that made this code mandatory for it (you couldn't turn it off) and it reduced your frame rate by 10-20 fps. Would you still be able to play that game or would you have to buy a new computer/new components?

I would go from playing and enjoying ArmA2 to having to spend $500 to $1000.

I like IL-2, but I don't think I can afford to play it if it's going to cost me a brand new graphics card. (I have a GTX 260 - not great, but not bad either).

EDIT:

And before anyone starts, I think I sit quite nicely in the recommended specs range for CoD: i7 940, GTX 260, 6gb ram, x-fi sound card

Last edited by bw_wolverine; 03-25-2011 at 03:14 PM.