Thread: Do not buy
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2009, 08:46 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowimpact View Post
Marky,
i would be cheap to call you fanboi , but man , i m tempted,

amd 9950 quadcore black edition, 4 gig ram, 4870 ati 1 gig, and the game IS NOT PLAYABLE ON MY MACHINE, accepting to play at 15fps half the time isn t an option

Futhermore, the game DOES NOT SUPPORT MULTICORE CPU, so you saying it does on your pc makes you a liar.

i have a second pc with a good spec on my second pc, with a brand new gts250 1 gig nvidia in it and i tryed the game on the 8800gtx i had before that too , it s the same story , just awfull fps. ACCEPTING to play at 15 to 30 fps ISN'T RUNNING THE GAME WELL

And since you allready lied about your multicore cpu reading don't bother telling me you run it at 60 fps.

THAT THIS GAME HASN T GOT MULTICORE SUPPORT AND EVEN DIDN'T FIX IT IN THIS PATCH OR EVEN ANNOUCED A FIX FOR IT SOON IS SHAMEFULL, DO NOT BUY THIS GAME, DON'T LISTEN TO THOSE IDIOT FANBOI, THE DEVS REALLY COULDN'T CARE LESS ABOUT THIS GAME.

the solution is simple, with so many other game to enjoy, just play those and make a mission to all tell at least one of your firends to not buy any 1c game as they don't care about the communoty at all.

In 5 years time, i m willing to bet most regular or serious gamer will not even really remember 1c, only their out of job devs might.
Hi,

unfortunately it seems to be a tendency of the developers to release unfinished and poorly optimized games as it could be seen like for example on STALKER and STALKER CS and, to be more actual, ARMA II.

What`s concerning me, i am not satisfied about the performance too. I run the game with f.e. 40 fps average, and i sometimes had framedrops to below 20.

But it's in my opinion not that worse like you stated it and maybe you should not exaggerate things.

Ok, forget that about the multicore support i wrote; maybe i wasn't able to evaluate the core utilization-graph correctly.

In fact, a game that favours a certain brand of vga cards is in any case a bit doubtful. The certain problems you encounter originate from the fact of using an ATI card... This game is regretfully not programmed an optimized for ATI cards. Try turning off the anisotropic filtering if you haven't already done so, it improves performance considerably...

One thing is indeed true: In times of triple and quadcore-CPUs, it should have been no problem letting the PhysX effects calculating (calculate ??) by the remainig CPU cores.. These effects aren't that complex as if they could not have been generated by the CPU... So there would bo no need to put the Nvidia PhysX feature on top of the line.. Perhaps the devs have been paid by nvidia...

Nevertheless, i find the game and the atmosphere great, and if you want to call me a fanboy or a member of a herd of sheep, i can not prevent you from doing so.

B.t.w, in case my english is incorrect, i am from Germany...

Greetings

Marky

Last edited by Marky; 06-30-2009 at 11:58 PM.