View Single Post
Old 04-01-2012, 05:33 PM
Registered Member

Thumbs down "Minor" Problems with Mothership MOD for SW 1

Hello everyone,

as a Star Wolves n00b and fresh on this Forum I realize that bumping an old thread is not too good of a start, but since this concerned one of the aforementioned Mods I might as well post a reply.

I just got the 1C Pack from STEAM, so far no Problems.
Threw the MOD- Files in the appropriate Folders, good so far (using the StarWolves1_MothershipsMod_v1).
Started a new Game, chose a MS - all fine and dandy..BUT!..
Whenever the Turrets of the MS start shooting, the shots get stuck a short ways from the Turrets and pile up there.
Lasers and Projectiles fired from Fighters also bug out the same way (coherent Beams from Laser-Based Guns freese and multiply, creating an interesting pattern on screen, but destoy or even hit nothing)

After searching the Forum for this feature and coming up with nothing, I decided to ask here.

Any Ideas what might cause this? A awkward Script maybe? Do I need some kind of SDK or extension installed that the Readme failed to mention?

A little tip would be very appreciated. I'd love to test some of these Motherships properly (Stone Arrow and Stone Turtle look interesting enough).

Thanks

Stilgar

Problem Solved!

Had to run the Game in Win98 Compatibility Mode as proposed in this thread: http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=1172170
Looks as if the Game needs some Binaries that Win7 doesn't natively support anymore. Could have thought about that, actually.

Sorry to bother you guys.

Last edited by Stilgar; 04-01-2012 at 06:13 PM. Reason: User too stupid Error