View Single Post
Old 10-26-2013, 09:00 PM
Approved Member

Question IL2 1946 with Saitek X45

Hey there

I recently got a Saitek X45 but I'm having a few issues getting it setup right. My copy of IL2 1946 is patched to v4.10.1 and I'm running DBW v1.71 + TFM and I haven't installed the Saitek programming software, just the drivers.

It's mainly getting the curves within IL2 1946 set properly. I've tried the IL2 joy control app to see if that helps with the problem, but that just tells me that not all joysticks are installed and then closes.
I have no deadzones set either in IL2 1946 or the Windows control panel and I've properly calibrated the stick.

The 2 rotaries on the throttle handle (which I've mapped as aileron and elevator trim), and the aileron and elevator axis all have a similar issue - default curves aren't sensitive enough and there is a deadzone in the early part of movement, and if I set the curves to max values the elevator and aileron axis and both rotaries are too sensitive.

I've tried a mid point, setting the 1st curve value to 50 and working up in increments of 5. But that's not all that good either.

Movement all seems fine when looking at the input options within IL2 1946, it's only when I go to fly a plane (currently the F4U Corsair) I notice the lack of sensitivity or over sensitivity and I end up spending all my time correcting, especially if I try trimming.

Would anyone have any resolution to this?

TIA

Last edited by Raven Morpheus; 10-26-2013 at 09:13 PM.